St. John's Academy - About Us
This School is established under the Fundamental rights of the minorities, on 1st of June 1998 under the dynamic leadership of Rev. Fr Vincent Monteiro. The school is affiliated to the Catholic Board of Education, Shanthi Kiran, Bajjodi, Mangalore – 575005. Rev. Rev. Fr. Ferdinand Gonsalves is our Present Correspondent.
The main values focussed by our institution are:
Justice – Social & Religious
Liberty – of Thought,Expression, Faith & Belief
Equality – Boys and Girls are treated equally.
Fraternity – Teaching of brotherhood, to promote human dignity, unity of all people and integral development.
- All-round development of the children such as physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual.
- Inculcating creative ability and critical thinking.
- Fostering good habits, brotherhood and patriotism.
Religious and Moral Education: As a Christian school, we offer a course in religious and moral education in all classes. This will help the child to acquire sound morality and to be loyal to God and to the nation.
Physical Education: Games and physical training are compulsory as an essential part of physical education. Any claim for exemption from the same must be supported by a valid medical certificate.
Request to Parents / Guardians
- Co-operation with the School authorities is earnestly solicited.
- They should see that the children are punctual to School with necessary books, stationary and completed home work.
- To avoid inconvenience and punishment to the children, parents are requested to sign the progress report and other documents in time.
- Special attention should be paid to School uniform which must be neat and clean. Pupils who do not wear prescribed uniform are not admitted into the School.
- Avoid wearing bangles, flowers and ornaments to School in order to maintain equality and to be away from mental diversion.
- Parents are not allowed to see the students or meet the teachers during working hours.
- Parents can meet the class teachers on every Saturday between 9-30 a.m. to 10-30 a.m.
- Pupils are not to leave the School premises without theprincipal’s permission during School hours.
- Any change in the address must be notified immediately to the School Office.
- Attending the Mass on every Wednesday and First Friday is compulsory to Catholic Pupils.